Maskcara Troubleshooting Tips
Hello there! Maybe you’re new to Maskcara and you’re still getting your groove. Or maybe you’ve been using the Maskcara products for a while and have mastered the techniques. Either way, I’m sure you’ve come across a few problems trying to get the makeup to work just right for you. It’s a learning curve and sometimes it takes lots of trial and error before you figure out what works best for you. Here are some things that I’ve come across that have been helpful for me or others I work with. Here are some basic Maskcara Troubleshooting tips:
Make sure to exfoliate a few times a week to have a nice smooth surface to work with. It’s crucial to moisturize your skin to make it nice and hydrated. This will ensure that your skin isn’t dry and flakey. Also, get rid of that peach fuzz! Use a facial razor to remove any extra unwanted hair you have on your face. With these steps, your makeup will go on flawlessly and make your skin glow!
Are you having a hard time with your makeup sticking to your face? Then you might want to try moisturizing just at night and not in the morning. Sometimes the added moisture makes it harder for the cream foundation to adhere to. Or, make sure you apply your moisturizer and let it soak in for a good 10 minutes before you apply your makeup.
Is your contour color disappearing by the end of the day? Try shading up to a darker color.
Oily Skin Problems
Having oily skin and using a cream foundation can be a bit tricky. Here are a few ways that you might want to try if you’re having a hard time staying dry all day.
- Spray Maskcara Stay Out There Setting Spray before and after applying makeup
- Stay spray can be applied heavily (it’s ok for it to be dripping). You can let it air dry before applying your makeup, rub it in with your hands, or start applying your makeup with your face wet. Try what works best for you!
- Spray Stay onto your Perfector Sponge and blend your makeup.
- Apply highlight, contour, blush, first and then spray with Stay Spray. Then apply the Vanilla Pressed Powder & illuminator last.
- If all else fails, try a loose translucent powder to help absorb your extra facial oils. Let it set on your skin and “bake” before you brush off the excess powder.
Use a light hand. You can always add more product. Start off with a light coat.
Try to apply the makeup in a stipple motion instead of wiping.
If the highlight color appears dry or chalky or adds unwanted texture to the face, then the color is too light. Try a shade darker.
If highlight appears yellowy, try a shade lighter.
Tips for Tools
Make sure you soak and absorb your Perfector Sponge in water and wring it out completely. You want it to be light and fluffy.
This makeup can work for so many skin colors, skin tones, and skin types! It’s just a matter of trial and error and figuring out what works best for your skin. Hopefully these Maskcara Troubleshooting tips will help you! Don’t be discouraged or afraid to try different techniques. Email us if you have any questions!
It’s important to take good care of your skin. This will help in your makeup applying process. Click here for a tutorial on how to make your skin glow!
Interested in purchasing any Maskcara products? Click here!